Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/07 11:48:37 UTC

preserving content not in the war

I have auto deploy on (and want to keep it that way) but I also have
content that is not a part of the war and do not want it deleted on a new
reploy... namely I have xxx/content/.... and I do not want that erased on
war deployment.... I tried symlinks and it nuked all the sym linked data on
deploy

Re: preserving content not in the war

Posted by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>.
On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 05:48:37AM -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I have auto deploy on (and want to keep it that way) but I also have
> content that is not a part of the war and do not want it deleted on a new
> reploy... namely I have xxx/content/.... and I do not want that erased on
> war deployment.... I tried symlinks and it nuked all the sym linked data on
> deploy

I would place the content elsewhere -- outside of Tomcat's directories
altogether -- and pass its path in through the environment.

Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.

Re: preserving content not in the war

Posted by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to mention I *DO* want to update the java and such in the war though