Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/22 19:38:57 UTC

Multiple development branches / one local repository?

Hi,

I want to be able to build a project in several different working areas
(based on different Subversion branches) on my machine.  How do I
prevent artifact version clashes in my repository cache?

For obvious reasons I don't want to touch the version declarations in
the poms.

I also don't want the solution to depend on my environment or invocation
(e.g. "mvn -Dblah.blah" or anything like that).  I would be guaranteed
to screw that up within the first 24 hrs.  It needs to be
location-based.  I need a way to say "if we are in
/work/some-project/bug-1456/..., then build version 1.2.3-bug-1456 of
artifact X, and use that version to satisfy all dependencies on artifact X".

I thought that profiles would be the answer, but it looks like
settings.xml doesn't have the right kind of activation option that I
would need to make this work... :-/

Any ideas?  BTW I'm pretty much a noob in the ways of maven, but
learning fast...

—ml—