Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/27 05:12:58 UTC

Re: 3.1 release? Was: Re: [VOTE] Take 2: Open up a separate line for unstable Solr/Lucene development

I would like to think that if 3.1 is cut w/o flex (and following dependent
issues), then we will allow people to re-commit the already committed code
changes to the 3.1 branch before it is released. Then, flex et al. become
the next 4.0 and 3.1 will be the first minor stable release of 3.x w/ some
of the features that came post-flex (exercising our svn merge skills :)).

Shai

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Right, and we'd remove the 2 non-sophisticated :) back compat layers
in flex, and I'd make an index migration tool for 4.0.

Mike