Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Foong Kim Seong <ks...@mimos.my> on 2008/01/29 10:31:59 UTC

Portal Development IDE

Hi all, I am new to Portal development but previously I have experience
coding j2ee application.

I am using Eclipse to code my web base application, but I tried to
download some plug-in on Eclipse to ease my development in Portal, but I
couldn't find any. Can you suggest what is your prefer choice of
development environment?

Thank You.

Regards,

FOONG

-
-
-
DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dealing, review, distribution, printing, copying
or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender or MIMOS Berhad
immediately and delete the original message. Opinions, conclusions
and other information in this e-mail that do not relate to the
official business of MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or its
subsidiaries and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts
responsibility for the same. All liability arising from or in
connection with computer viruses and/or corrupted e-mails is
excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

RE: Portal Development IDE

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Foong,

Don't worry, it's a perfectly normal question. I don't know of any eclipse plugins to generate portal or portlet application content. For the structure of a portlet application, you can take a look at the portlet applications inside jetspeed:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/jetspeed-2/tags/JETSPEED-RELEASE-2.1.3/applications/

For example the j2-admin portlet app.

The folder structure of the portal can be generated, it depends on which build tool you're using: maven 1, maven 2 or ant. Maven 2 will be the default build mechanism from Jetspeed version 2.2 though. Here you can find how to generate a new portal project using maven 2:

http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2/index.html

Dennis

RE: Portal Development IDE