Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kolja Fricke <ko...@freiheit.com> on 2002/09/05 10:19:21 UTC

Re: AXIS and JMX Architecture.

have a look at www.jboss.org
there is a project going on for that stuff.
They call it jboss.net.
I think it is exacltly what you are looking for.
The use axis (beta2 I think)

hope that helps,
Kolja

Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2002 10:24 schrieb Lachezar Dobrev:
>   Hello.
>   Please excuse me, if you have received my first message, but it seems,
> that I have not been registered with the list then.
>
>   I am trying to create an JMX Adaptor for the SOAP protocol.
>   The idea is to make it ABSOLUTELY independable. I.E. no web-container
> requirement, simple port listener and so on. I found Apache SOAP to be very
> hard to use, because of its very heavy requirement for a web-service
> container.
>   I tried AXIS, and found, that the SimpleAxisServer
> (org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer) can be used with very
> small adjustments to intergrate with a JMX architecture. So I did.
>   Next is the thing, that was very easy for the Apache SOAP, but I found no
> way to do it with AXIS.
>
>   With Apache SOAP i creted a ConfigManager class, that would list the
> MBeans as services, so each time the "list" was done it got a list of the
> current MBeans instantiated within the JMX server. I also created a
> provider, that would implement calling the MBeans. It was quite
> stright-forward. If it wasn't for the ServletContainer requirement, I would
> have used Apache SOAP.
>
>   My question is if anyone, ANYONE can give some advices on how to
> implement similar job with the AXIS SOAP implementation.
>
>   I could really use some help. The "Integration Guide" has no real
> information on how to do that, or is VERY vague, so that I would not
> understand that.
>
>   Looking forward to hearing from the list: Lachezar

Kolja Fricke, Dipl.-Ing.
freiheit.com technologies gmbh
Theodorstrasse 42-90            22761 Hamburg, Germany
Fon (+49) 040 / 890 584 - 0     Fax (+49) 040 / 890 584 - 20

Re: AXIS and JMX Architecture.

Posted by Lachezar Dobrev <l....@lsnsoft.com>.
  Hiya...
  Well... JBoss.Net is a nice piece of software, but it is designed for
in-jboss-running, and that says they have a Servlet container ( in fact it
does not run withowt a servlet container).

  My idea was to COMPLETELY withdraw that servlet stuff...

  I agree, that they have made quite some classes, that could be taken as a
base for my project, but running throughout someone else's code is hell.

  Like I wrote: Can anyone help to explain how do I create an Engine
Configuration, that would take the deployed objects from within the
MBeanServer.
  What should I do to implement a provider similar to the JavaRPC one (I
know I have to extend the BasicProvider, but what else?).

  Now... What i need are some pointers as to:

   BasicProvider.invoke(...): how to extract the Call object from the
MessageContext, how to get the name of the service?

   How do I implement the SOAPService class, i.e. what Handler should I use
to create these services for the EngineConfiguration.getService()...

  Too many questions, to little answers.

  Lachezar