Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Furcy Pin <fu...@flaminem.com> on 2014/07/01 10:03:36 UTC

Re: Multiple insert on same table with INSERT OVERWRITE + INSERT INTO ?

After doing some simple tests, multiple insert into the same partition of
the same table is disallowed by hive,
except when using dynamic partitioning...

In that specific case, I don't know if the behavior should be considered as
an undefined behavior, a feature or a bug...

What do you think?