Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ru...@external.mckinsey.com on 2007/11/07 15:55:54 UTC

Generate or Update PPT Chart object from Java Code

Hi,

I need to update a ppt template which has a bar and line chart .

Is there way with HSLF or other POI utilities to simply pass data to the
chart object to generate the charts for the data passed?

The chart would look like this.

If its not possible to update an existing template is it possible to
create such a chart using the POI library. If yes, then please direct me
to the related Classes which needs to be used.

Thanks & Regards,
Rushabh Raval
+=========================================================+
information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Generate or Update PPT Chart object from Java Code

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Charts in ppt are embedded Microsoft Graph Chart objects and editing such objects is not yet
supported. We can neither create nor edit charts.

Regards,
Yegor