Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2005/05/08 18:37:23 UTC

runtime test: Features not supported by some dbs

Hi,

At the moment, i am trying to set up different databases and running the
runtimetests on them. The problem now is that not all databases support
every feature of Torque. For example, HSQLDB does not support right join
(for the curious: it does support left joins). Now maven stops the
runtimetest if a test fails, which is the desired behaviour because I do
not want to look through the whole output to see if a test has failed).
This is bad, because there might be other tests which also fail and I do
not know about it.

So my idea would be to change the code in the test case such that some of
them are not executed for certain dbs. If I do this, I want to have the
output that a test has been skipped at a very prominent place.

Are there other suggestions to deal with that?
If not, how can I best produce such prominent output ?

Any input appreciated,

           Thomas