Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by patrice <pa...@t2b.ch> on 2015/05/26 15:45:44 UTC

java.lang.Exception: Errors encountered while resolving metadata

Hello,

I am encountering the exception using openjpa 2.3, "java.lang.Exception:
Errors encountered while resolving metadata.  See nested exceptions for
details.", when invoking this code:

emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU",
puProps);
em = emf.createEntityManager();
Query query = em.createNamedQuery("D2padmManagedCodes.findAll"); // this
raises the exception

I've turned on fine tracing everything looks good. For example for
"D2padmManagedCodes", I see this.

1729  d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU  TRACE  [Root Thread] openjpa.MetaData -
Parsing query "D2padmManagedCodes.findAll".
1785  d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU  TRACE  [Root Thread] openjpa.MetaData -
Processing registered persistence-capable class "class
com.novartis.d2p106.jpa.entities.D2padmManagedCodes".
1785  d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU  TRACE  [Root Thread] openjpa.MetaData -
com.novartis.d2p106.jpa.entities.D2padmManagedCodes" under mode
"[META][QUERY]".
1785  d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU  TRACE  [Root Thread] openjpa.MetaData -
Parsing class "com.novartis.d2p106.jpa.entities.D2padmManagedCodes".
1794  d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU  TRACE  [Root Thread] openjpa.MetaData -
Set persistence-capable superclass of
"com.novartis.d2p106.jpa.entities.D2padmManagedCodes" to "null".
1794  d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU  TRACE  [Root Thread] openjpa.MetaData -
Resolving metadata for
"com.novartis.d2p106.jpa.entities.D2padmManagedCodes@-1614069114".
1794  d2pDatastoreUpserter_1.06PU  TRACE  [Root Thread] openjpa.MetaData -
Resolving field
"com.novartis.d2p106.jpa.entities.D2padmManagedCodes@-1614069114.assigningAuthorityName".

etc....

The code was enhanced on Eclipse using the Ant script enhance.xml, as per
OpenJPA doc.

The persistence.xml declares all classes and the following parameters are
used:
		<exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
		<shared-cache-mode>NONE</shared-cache-mode>
		<validation-mode>NONE</validation-mode>

Any thoughts would be helpful before plowing through the source code.

Thank you,
Patrice

Re: java.lang.Exception: Errors encountered while resolving metadata

Posted by patrice <pa...@t2b.ch>.
Hi Rick,

Well after way too long our env is backup.... external providers :-(

Regardless, it seems the issue was that an embedded PK class  (@Embeddable)
was not enhanced.

So all is well... actually  I have an other problem, but it does not seem to
be be related to OpenJPA.

Thanks again,

Posted by patrice <pa...@t2b.ch>.
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick response... our dev env is down currently, but I will
post asap.

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
Posting the entire stacktrace would be helpful.

*Rick Curtis*