Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darek <dc...@infinitesource.ca> on 2005/03/12 09:21:10 UTC

Multiple instances of tomcat

 I have a tomcat 4-1-27 running on RedHat 2.4.21. Normally
when you startup tomcat it will create a single instance, I
have however about 28 created right away. I understand that
they all share the same memory, but I don?t think this is a
normal behavior. What can be causing this?

DarekC

Re: Multiple instances of tomcat

Posted by Darek <dc...@infinitesource.ca>.
All those are threads; tomcat creates 2 at first and the
second forks the rest, if you kill either one tomcat will
exit. I am asking because another server with the same
configuration shows only one single thread.
There are some problems with applications on the first
server, which seem to be related to the memory.
Both servers are running on 2.4.21 kernel and only one of
them shows multiple threads when ps is executed, while both
have tomcat 4.1.27 and j2sdk1.4.2_04. i am not sure what
have I missed. Documentation mentions CATALINA_BASE that
when defined implies multiple virtual hosts. I am not sure
what I have done, while configuration files look exactly
same.

I appreciate your help.

DarekC