Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pierre poulpe <pi...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/03/26 14:42:40 UTC

Batik can't be executed from a network path (win32 environment)

Hello,
First of all, congratulations for this very nice tool. So far it works very well, and it's very helpful for my project.
Here is a bug I found.
I use batik-rasterizer to convert svg to png. Until production environment deployment, everything was working fine. What changed? the path of all my project. Everything is now on a windows network share.
I isolated the problem locally on my machine. I made a network share on batik bin, and run the following :
java.exe -jar \\lwpbk\batik-1.8pre\batik-rasterizer.jar
When I do this, I get the message you can see below. I have all the R/W rights on the share, which is on my local machine. If now I replace the UNC path by a local path (c:\... \batik\batik-rasterizer.jar), it works fine.. If I map the network share, and use the drive letter in the parameter it works also fine.
If I give as parameter a UNC path to specify source svg (but letter drive for jar file), no problem, it handles properly.
I tried to compile the last "nightly build" (batik-src-09-03-19.zip), but doesn"t change anything.
I'll try to see if I can fix it on my own, but I didn't work with java code for years. Maybe not easy.
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin>java.exe -jar \\lwpbk\batik-1.7\batik-rasterizer.
jar
Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (
java..util.PropertyPermission java.security.policy write)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
        at java..security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.setProperty(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.installSecurityMana
ger(ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.java:257)
        at org.apache.batik.util.ApplicationSecurityEnforcer.enforceSecurity(App
licationSecurityEnforcer.java:173)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Main.java:922)
        at org..apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Main.java:992)

Many thanks,
Pierre