Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ed Zappulla <ed...@bsgsystems.com> on 2018/12/20 15:45:36 UTC

Tomcat 9 missing org/apache/tomcat/util/file/ConfigurationSource

I am trying to run Tomcat 9 for the first time and it cannot find the class
below.  I checked all the tomcat*.jar libs and the class does not exist.
Where can I find org/apache/tomcat/util/file/ConfigurationSource?  I have
Tomcat 9 installed out of the box and it doesn't run even from the command
like with a "catalina run". Any help would be appreciated.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tomcat/util/file/ConfigurationSource

    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)

    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)

    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:264)

    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:461)

org.apache.tomcat.util.file.ConfigurationSource

    ... 6 more

Thank you

.ed

Re: Tomcat 9 missing org/apache/tomcat/util/file/ConfigurationSource

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Ed,

On 12/21/18 07:47, Ed Zappulla wrote:
> Agree.   No errors on the down load, none on the unzip.  I
> configured Eclipse and got the startup error. Tomcat-util.jar was
> just missing.  So I tried versions from 1 to 14 from the archive
> but they all had it.  I posted about it on SO:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53821592/tomcat-9-upgrade-java-lan
g-noclassdeffounderror-org-apache-tomcat-util-file-con

Wait...

you downloaded software an ran it on your server without
checking the signature? Hmm...

- -chris

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ed,