Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by raindogs <co...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/06 00:47:50 UTC

date in jenia calendar is off by one

I'm attempting to implement the jenia calendar and, while it all seemed great
at first, I now realize that I'm getting an off-by-one error on the day. In
the test I just ran, I selected March 15th as the date. The input box
displayed "03/15/2007", but the value that actually gets passed into the
backing bean is "Wed Mar 14 19:00:00 CDT 2007".

I'm really scratching my head on this one, as I haven't heard of anyone else
having this problem. All of the relevant info is below, any help would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

--------------------------
JSP Page snippet
--------------------------
**
    <h:outputText value="Activation Date" />
                    <h:inputText value="#{locationForm.activationDate}"
id="activationDate" >
                        <f:convertDateTime pattern="MM/dd/yyyy"/>
                    </h:inputText>

                    <h:outputText value="&nbsp;" escape="false"/>
                    <jp:popupCalendar for="activationDate"
format="MM/dd/yyyy">
                        <h:outputText value="Choose Date"/>
                    </jp:popupCalendar>
**

Backing Bean Methods
(activationDate is delared as java.util.Date)

    public Date getActivationDate() {
        return this.activationDate;
    }

    public void setActivationDate(Date activationDate) {
        this.activationDate = activationDate;
    }

-----------------------
WEB-INF\lib
-----------------------
ajax4jsf.jar
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-digester-1.6.jar
commons-el-1.0.jar
commons-fileupload.jar
commons-lang-2.1.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-validator-1.2.0.jar
jenia4faces-commons_1.2.jar
jenia4faces-popup_1.2.jar
jstl-1.1.0.jar
myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar
myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar
ojdbc14.jar
oro-2.0.8.jar
oscache-2.3.2.jar
portlet-api.jar
struts.jar
tomahawk-1.1.3.jar

--------------
web.xml
--------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
 * Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
 *
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 *
 * UPDATED: Marty Hall changed to use .faces suffix,
 *          faces-config.xml filename, and servlets 2.4.
 *          See tutorial at http://www.coreservlets.com/JSF-Tutorial/.
 *          Note: uncomment the filter entries at the bottom
 *                to use Tomahawk extended components.
-->

    version="2.4">

    <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>
        <param-value>
            /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
        </param-value>

        </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
        <param-value>client</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.PRETTY_HTML</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.DETECT_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>

    </context-param>

    <!-- Listener, that does all the startup work (configuration, init). -->
    <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <!-- Faces Servlet
         Marty Hall: changed .jsf back to standard of .faces -->
    <servlet>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>Jenia internal servlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.jenia.faces.util.Servlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Jenia internal servlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/jenia4faces/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <!-- Welcome files -->
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

  <filter>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
        <param-value>20m</param-value>

    </init-param>
</filter>

<filter>
<display-name>Ajax4jsf Filter</display-name>
<filter-name>ajax4jsf</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.ajax4jsf.Filter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>ajax4jsf</filter-name>
<dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
<dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
<dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
</filter-mapping>

<!-- extension mapping for adding <script/>, <link/>, and other resource
tags to JSF-pages  -->
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<!-- extension mapping for serving page-independent resources (javascript,
stylesheets, images, etc.)  -->
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

</web-app>

Re: date in jenia calendar is off by one

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
>From the Seam documentation:

<s:convertDateTime>: Perform date or time conversions in the Seam timezone.

Snippet from the docs on when "Seam timezone" means:
There is also a session-scoped instance of java.util.Timezone, named
org.jboss.seam.core.timezone, and a Seam component for changing the
timezone named org.jboss.seam.core.timezoneSelector. By default, the
timezone is the default timezone of the server.

Meaning that it defaults to the server's timezone, but the user can
override this value by storing a value in their session that will
allow seam to use a time zone of their own choosing.

Posted by Madhav Bhargava <un...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by raindogs <co...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.
raindogs wrote:
> I'm attempting to implement the jenia calendar and, while it all seemed great
> at first, I now realize that I'm getting an off-by-one error on the day. In
> the test I just ran, I selected March 15th as the date. The input box
> displayed "03/15/2007", but the value that actually gets passed into the
> backing bean is "Wed Mar 14 19:00:00 CDT 2007".
>
> I'm really scratching my head on this one, as I haven't heard of anyone else
> having this problem. All of the relevant info is below, any help would be
> much appreciated.

The default JSF date converter always uses UTC. Note that this is
required by the JSF spec (and earlier versions of MyFaces were not
compliant).

March 15 00:00 UTC --> Mar 14 19:00 CDT

If you don't want UTC (and I bet you do not) then try attaching an
appropriate converter that uses the local timezone; I believe there is
one in either Tomahawk or the tomahawk sandbox..

Regards,

Simon