Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ol...@axa-alert.com on 2001/01/17 18:20:46 UTC

JSP-compile-error with IPLANET6.0

Hi,

we use IPLANET6.0 AS/WS and translating the struts example JSP
'registration.jsp' produces a nullpointer in the following code:

public final class EnumerateTei extends TagExtraInfo {

    public VariableInfo[] getVariableInfo(TagData data) {

	return new VariableInfo[] {
	  new VariableInfo(data.getAttributeString("id"),
	                   "java.lang.Object",
	                   true,
	                   VariableInfo.NESTED)
	};

    }

The parameter 'TagData data' ist null. I believe that happens when IP6.0
compiles the enumerate-tag of the registration.jsp because commenting that
fixes the compile problem:

<struts:enumerate id="subscription" name="user" property="subscriptions">
      <struts:htmlProperty name="subscription" property="host"/>
      <struts:htmlProperty name="subscription" property="username"/>
      <struts:htmlProperty name="subscription" property="type"/>
      <app:linkSubscription href="editSubscription.do?action=Delete">
        <struts:message key="registration.deleteSubscription"/>
      </app:linkSubscription>
      <app:linkSubscription href="editSubscription.do?action=Edit">
        <struts:message key="registration.editSubscription"/>
      </app:linkSubscription>
</struts:enumerate>

Does anybody know why and maybe how to fix ?

Thanks a lot !
Oliver