Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2003/09/16 20:26:01 UTC

logging

I'm converting a project at work to use Forrest 0.5 (it currently uses a
version from CVS a few months ago, plus some patches).  I am getting an
error about undefined max-depth variable so I tried to enable logging.  In
cli.xconf I set logging to DEBUG and in forrest.properties I set logging
to DEBUG, but all the files in build/tmp/context/WEB-INF/logs are empty.

How do I get logging to work?  And why are there settings for it in both
cli.xconf and forrest.properties?

Thanks

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: logging

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> How do I get logging to work?  And why are there settings for it in both
> cli.xconf and forrest.properties?
>
> Thanks

The truth is that is not working as expected. I looked at this problem
and the only thing I could was to add this on forrest.properties to get
a bit more debug:

project.logger=debug

It seems to be a problem on the CLI. Upayavira is aware of that, he
hopes to give more information when he implements a new ouput method.

Cheers,
Cheche