Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Simons <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 16:56:48 UTC

Received "SVN: Internal Error" when Committing Executable into Subversion?

Hi all,
Doing due diligence and following the bug instructions
here<http://subversion.tigris.org/bugs.html>, I would greatly
appreciate if any of you could tell me if they have
experienced this error before.

I recently attempted to commit an executable file in a subversion project
using the subclipse interface in the eclipse deveopment environment. When I
right-click the executable -> Team -> Commit , I see the progress bar go
through the entire "operation in progress" before displaying an error
messagebox stating:

"An internal error has occurred during "SVN Commit".

Following up on this problem, in eclipse I went to help -> configuration
details -> view error log where I found the following relevant exception:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-05-20 11:45:27.520
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "SVN Commit".
!STACK 0

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: length 16416 out of range; must be
between 0 and 16384
   at gnu.javax.net.ssl.provider.Record.setLength(libgcj.so.81)
   at gnu.javax.net.ssl.provider.OutputSecurityParameters.encrypt(libgcj.so.81)

   at gnu.javax.net.ssl.provider.SSLEngineImpl.wrap(libgcj.so.81)
   at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.wrap(libgcj.so.81)
   at gnu.javax.net.ssl.provider.SSLSocketImpl$SocketOutputStream.write(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(libgcj.so.81)

   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNLogOutputStream.write(SVNLogOutputStream.java:65)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.sendData(HTTPConnection.java:223)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPRequest.dispatch(HTTPRequest.java:169)

   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:329)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:261)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.doPutDiff(DAVConnection.java:353)

   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVCommitEditor.closeFile(DAVCommitEditor.java:323)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCommitter.sendTextDeltas(SVNCommitter.java:237)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCommitter.commit(SVNCommitter.java:304)

   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNCommitClient.doCommit(SVNCommitClient.java:1003)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.commit(SVNClientImpl.java:697)
   at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.commit(SVNClientImpl.java:678)

   at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.svnkit.SvnKitClientAdapter.commitAcrossWC(SvnKitClientAdapter.java:112)
   at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.commands.CheckinResourcesCommand$1.run(CheckinResourcesCommand.java:117)

   at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNProviderPlugin$5.run(SVNProviderPlugin.java:468)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1737)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1719)

   at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNProviderPlugin.run(SVNProviderPlugin.java:463)
   at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.commands.CheckinResourcesCommand.run(CheckinResourcesCommand.java:94)
   at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core.SVNTeamProvider.checkin(SVNTeamProvider.java:139)

   at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.operations.CommitOperation.execute(CommitOperation.java:124)
   at org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.operations.SVNOperation.run(SVNOperation.java:89)
   at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.JobRunnableContext.run(JobRunnableContext.java:144)

   at org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.actions.JobRunnableContext$ResourceJob.runInWorkspace(JobRunnableContext.java:72)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.debug.core 4 120 2009-05-20 11:47:20.893
!MESSAGE Error logged from Debug Core:
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: read error
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(libgcj.so.81)

First, has anyone seen this problem before and knows a solution, or is it a
bug that I should submit to Subversion?
Second, does anyone have any other recommendations for how to solve this
problem?

I attempted the following steps as a workaround:
1. Tried committing from Team Synchronize Viewpoint
2. Tried removing both the SVN properties set on this file -
svn:mime-type application/octet-stream
svn:executable *
3. Reinstalled java (best as I knew how - going to System -> Admin ->
Synaptic Package Manager and marking the java core runtime for
reinstallation
4. Created a fresh check-out of the project from the repository and
attempted to commit in this new project instead of my existing project.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Re: Received "SVN: Internal Error" when Committing Executable into Subversion?

Posted by David Simons <da...@gmail.com>.
Konstantin,
Thank you for your analysis .
.
You were correct - the GNU implementation of java was the culprit. I
installed Sun Java 1.6 for Ubuntu by following these instructions:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-and-setup-eclipse-with-suns-java.html
*
*and I was able to commit properly.

I also updated SVNKit to the most recent version via Eclipse's Help ->
Software Updates. This may have also helped, but it didn't solve the problem
alone.

Thanks,
David

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.