Posted to users@maven.apache.org by or...@io7m.com on 2013/06/30 23:58:56 UTC

Versions plugin for plugin updates only

Hello.

Is it possible to get the Versions plugin to only update the version
numbers of plugins?

When running "versions:use-latest-releases", the plugin immediately
folds all my dependencies version ranges into the latest version, which
is a huge pain as I then have to go back and reset them. I'd rather
have it manage my plugin versions and not touch anything else.

I could specify various excludes according to the plugin's usage page,
but this then requires that I know about the contents of each POM and
therefore can't be automated reliably.

Re: Versions plugin for plugin updates only

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello org,

you may perhaps define a configuration section in which you define an
include with groupId/artifactId for your plugins, then only those are
updated.

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile