Posted to users@maven.apache.org by govind ashrit <go...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 14:30:47 UTC

Building the same project with 2 different pom.xml

Hello All

I have project which i want build with 2 different pom.xml . one after the
other

I have tried the mvn command line option like *mvn -f ./pom1.xml
install -e*which works fine.
Actually i have multi level projects which have build using continuum.

Is there any way i specify in my parent pom.xml to build the child project
with 2 different pom's

Some things like this : Parent pom.xml

       <modules>
        <module>Child Project </module>
      </modules>

And i want to build child project with 2 different pom's(say pom1.xml and
pom2.xml which are @ root of child project)

Please help

--
Thanks and Regards
Govind R Ashrit

Re: Building the same project with 2 different pom.xml

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 7/7/10 8:30 AM, govind ashrit wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I have project which i want build with 2 different pom.xml . one after the
> other

Don't do this. Figure out how to use profiles or split the project.

Re: Building the same project with 2 different pom.xml

Posted by Aleksey Didik <di...@magenta-technology.ru>.
  Hello.

It's not clear why do you want to use two different poms,
but I can suggest, you have two different build cycle.
For example one for build on local machine, second for you continuum.
But in this case, the better solution is to use maven profiles. And you
will have possibility to choose necessary profile by flag -P or by
properties (and not only) activators.

Read more here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

HTH,