Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Maheedhar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 08:50:30 UTC

Metadata_db error in Hive 0.8

Hi All,

I have installed hive 4 months back, i don't have any database installed in
my system. till today it was working fine, but now i'm getting this
metadata error... can anyone please suggest me do i have to create any
settings for derby database to avoid this error??

error is like this..................................

" FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Failed
to start database 'metastore_db', see the next exception for details.
NestedThrowables:
java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'metastore_db', see the
next exception for details.
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask "

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."

Cheers,

Maheedhar Reddy K V

http://about.me/maheedhar.kv/#

Re: Metadata_db error in Hive 0.8

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
try following links and let us know if it is working fine..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16154060/failed-error-in-metadata-java-lang-runtimeexception-unable-to-instantiate-org

*Thanks & Regards    *

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Posted by Maheedhar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Srinivas,

Posted by Srinivas Surasani <hi...@gmail.com>.
can you check if your metastore database is up ?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Maheedhar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have installed hive 4 months back, i don't have any database installed
> in my system. till today it was working fine, but now i'm getting this
> metadata error... can anyone please suggest me do i have to create any
> settings for derby database to avoid this error??
>
> error is like this..................................
>
> " FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Failed
> to start database 'metastore_db', see the next exception for details.
> NestedThrowables:
> java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'metastore_db', see the
> next exception for details.
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask "
>
> "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
>

> Cheers,
>
> Maheedhar Reddy K V
>

> http://about.me/maheedhar.kv/#

-- Srinivas