Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "B. Haje" <bh...@gmx.de> on 2003/02/25 15:09:13 UTC

Problem using DOMParse.pm

Hi,

after finally successfully installing Xerces-Perl (all the sample-programs
work) I try to run a program which is using DOMParse.pm. I know that it
worked with an older Xerces-Perl version. Just like in the comments of
DOMParse.pm I use it like that:

use XML::Xerces::DOMParse;

my $parser = XML::Xerces::DOMParser-> new ();

There it stops with this message:

"Can't locate object method "new" via package "XML::Xerces::DOMParser"
(perhaps you forgot to load "XML::XERCES::DOMParser"?) at
/home/haj/xakte/bin/xaida line 393, <STDIN> line 1,

I don't know what to do. Have there been changes using the new method?

thanks Bjoern

--

B. Haje
mailto:bhaje@gmx.de

Re: Problem using DOMParse.pm

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"B. Haje" <bh...@gmx.de> writes:

> after finally successfully installing Xerces-Perl (all the
> sample-programs work) I try to run a program which is using
> DOMParse.pm. I know that it worked with an older Xerces-Perl
> version. Just like in the comments of DOMParse.pm I use it like that:
>

> use XML::Xerces::DOMParse;
>
> my $parser = XML::Xerces::DOMParser-> new ();
>
> There it stops with this message:
>
> "Can't locate object method "new" via package "XML::Xerces::DOMParser"
> (perhaps you forgot to load "XML::XERCES::DOMParser"?) at
>
> /home/haj/xakte/bin/xaida line 393, <STDIN> line 1,
>
> I don't know what to do. Have there been changes using the new method?

Hey Bjorn,

Sorry, this looks like a documentation problem. In the Xerces-2 series
there is no DOMParser class anymore, it's now called XercesDOMParser
(or XML::Xerces::XercesDOMParser for the fully qualified name).

Try that,
jas.