Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Jain, Prem" <Pr...@netapp.com> on 2012/01/19 01:17:05 UTC

YUM install error on CDH3

Sorry for the spam:

I am attempting to install CDH3 using yum and getting the following error on few hosts. Not sure why just few hosts are throwing this error while others went fine.

root@namenode1# sudo yum install hadoop-0.20

Total size: 28 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
rpmlib(FileDigests) is needed by hadoop-0.20-0.20.2+923.142-1.noarch
rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) is needed by hadoop-0.20-0.20.2+923.142-1.noarch
Complete!
(1, [u'Please report this error in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Red%20Hat%20Enterprise%20Linux%205&component=yum'])

Re: YUM install error on CDH3

Posted by Alexander Lorenz <wg...@googlemail.com>.
just update all boxes to the same version of RHEL. I assume 5.5 will have the never rpmlib.

- Alex

sent via my mobile device

Re: YUM install error on CDH3

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.