Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Shahul Hameed <sh...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2009/12/02 14:18:57 UTC

java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class

Hi

I am getting the following exception when my application starts up

Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
4)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(Webapp
ClassLoader.java:1817)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:872)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1325)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1204)
        at uk.co.and.commons.services.soap.AbstractSOAPService.afterPropertiesSe
t(AbstractSOAPService.java:231)
        at uk.co.and.tin.service.RegistrationService.afterPropertiesSet(Registra
tionService.java:46)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1369)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1335)
        ... 39 more

AbstractSOAPService.java:231 (where this exception is thrown )contains this line :

JaxWsDynamicClientFactory factory = JaxWsDynamicClientFactory.newInstance();

I am using dynamic client to make web service calls ..

have checked if there are any references to the cxf-bundle-2.1.4 jar
but there is only one and thats in the WEB-INF lib directory.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Shahul Hameed

Re: java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Not really sure.   Is the javac version appropriate (java 5 or higher?).

I really don't know what would cause it.    Maybe an older version of jaxb in
the tomcat shared/lib?       Or possibly jaxb is in the endorsed area?   I'm
really not sure.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class

Posted by Shahul Hameed <sh...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi Dan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class

Posted by Shahul Hameed <sh...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi Dan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Check for other versions of: