Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shane Perry <sh...@lingotek.com> on 2006/09/08 01:45:09 UTC

Determining index from MultiSearcher

I am currently working on an application which requires the ability to
search multiple indexes using the same query.  I can use the
MultiSearcher object to do this without any problem.

For ranking purposes, I need to know at least the String version of the
Directory associated with the index for each returned Document.

Does anybody know if there currently some built-in functionality to do this?

Shane Perry

Re: Determining index from MultiSearcher

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: For ranking purposes, I need to know at least the String version of the
: Directory associated with the index for each returned Document.
:
: Does anybody know if there currently some built-in functionality to do this?

note the following methods...

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/MultiSearcher.html#getSearchables()
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/MultiSearcher.html#subSearcher(int)
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/MultiSearcher.html#subDoc(int)

...the last may be of no iterest to you, but from what i've seen
discussed before, the first two are all what you are looking for.

-Hoss