Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "J.Ph DEGLETAGNE" <jp...@cosi-consulting.com> on 2004/08/31 18:11:53 UTC

-- TomCat/Lucene, filesystem

Hello Somebody,

..I beg your pardon...

Under Windows XP / TomCat,

How to "customize"  Webapp Lucene to access directory filesystem which are
outside TomCat ?
like this :
D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\..
to access
E:\Data

Thank's a lot

JPhD

Re: RE : -- TomCat/Lucene, filesystem

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 09:08:52PM +0200, J.Ph DEGLETAGNE wrote:
: Open and read files...
: Lucene has indexed files under e:\data
: And after a Lucene search (from indexe) Lucene display something like that
:
: http://merlin:9090/data/text/essai.txt
: With
: Etat HTTP 404 - /data/text/essai.txt
:
: Webapp Lucene is installed and running from
: D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\luceneweb

So you're trying to serve files that exist outside of the webapp's
context?

For one, check the archives: this topic comes up frequently.  You'll
have to write some code to do this.

Second, I'm surprised this topic isn't covered in the Lucene docs.  This
isn't to say that I've read those docs, just that it sounds like it
would be a FAQ.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com

RE : -- TomCat/Lucene, filesystem

Posted by "J.Ph DEGLETAGNE" <jp...@cosi-consulting.com>.
QM,

Open and read files...
Lucene has indexed files under e:\data
And after a Lucene search (from indexe) Lucene display something like that

http://merlin:9090/data/text/essai.txt
With
Etat HTTP 404 - /data/text/essai.txt

Webapp Lucene is installed and running from
D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\luceneweb

Best regards

----
Jean-Philippe DEGLETAGNE
Natel:   +33 (0) 6 80 87 89 16
Tél.CH: +41 (0) 22 849 05 91
Tél.FR: +33 (0) 4 78 00 24 33
Mail: jph.degletagne@cosi-consulting.com
----
COSI-consulting
route de Chêne 5
Case Postale 6298
CH 1211 GENEVE 6
Tél.CH: +41(0)22 849 05 91
Mail: direction@cosi-consulting.com
----
Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont établis
a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le détruire et d'en avertir
immédiatement l'expéditeur.
Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute
diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite,
sauf autorisation expresse.
L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'intégrité de ce message,
COSI-consulting SA (et ses filiales)
décline(nt) toute responsabilité au titre de ce message, dans l'hypothèse ou
il aurait été modifié.
----
This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately
notify the sender.
Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The internet can not guarantee the integr ity of this message,
COSI-consulting SA (and its subsidiaries)
shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if modified.
----

Posted by Rupinder Singh Mazara <rs...@ebi.ac.uk>.
i have a web application using  lucene via tomcat,
you may need to set
the correct permissions in ur catalina.policy file

i use a blanket policy of
grant  {
   permission java.io.FilePermission       "/","read";
};

to manage allow access to lucene