Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by reids <re...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/26 07:07:44 UTC

ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue messages nor arriving

my application tracks new clients by listening to ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue for
queue creation messages, once a queue is created then it listens to the
Queues advisory topic for a producer message and at that point starts a
listener on the queue.

After a certain time the broker gets into a state where I stop receiving
messages on the ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue topic. I can see the message count
increase on the ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue topic  in the webconsole but my app
never gets the message. I can start a new instance of my app and it will not
get any ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue  messages either. If however I use the
webconsole to manually send a message to ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue  then it is
received.

Restarting the broker means the ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue  messages are
received again.

This was first seen on 5.13.3, now upgraded to 5.15.5 and waiting for a
recurrence, I can't find anything like this in the release notes or Jira
though.