Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by of...@nym.hush.com on 2015/07/01 22:38:38 UTC

Import of bank transaction/statement data, QIF ?

Dear List,

anyone done that before?

How do you do it?

Regards,

Re: Import of bank transaction/statement data, QIF ?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes that's an important point Hans indeed

Jacques

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
I did wrote an import program like this before, i simply used the
payment entity to import to with the related payment method, also try to
find the related invoice and made the connection where possible. The
bank account number can be used to find the related parties.

I do not recommend to create accounting transactions directly, let them
be created from the payment.

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Since she did not in her answer, I suggest you read Sharan's excellent book on accounting in OFBiz
See "Getting Started with Apache OFBiz Accounting" at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Related+Books

HTH

Jacques