Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Kádár, , OpenOffice, , op...@yohey.hu on 2016/10/03 16:51:25 UTC

Re: unsubscribing from the mailing list

Hi Aivaras!

Some answers:

- 'Why not to take a simpler route (I guess I'm just being lazy)?'
- Being lazy doesn't help others. :) (But I know you work a lot on this
project.)
- 'The emails from l10n@openoffice.apache.org already contain a footer with:
For additional commands, e-mail: l10n-help@openoffice.apache.org'
- Yes, I know, I always start with it. But, as you mentioned, it's not
written always.
And what if the problems I mentioned previously are exist on someone's
system?
One of the persons, who asked for help wanted to quit since 2013 fall.
Yes, three years of unwanted messages. And probably there are 'older'
ones too.

- 'So perhaps forcing all email going through l10n@openoffice.apache.org
to include the aforementioned footer would be enough?'
- I guess through the three years there were a lot of correctly
undersigned l10n mail to notice it, Maybe it would not be enough.

So, dear all, it was just a suggestion to help somehow. I did the
English html file - written in my previous mail - and will do all the
html work if needed.

And one more thing to press this thing: right after your response, I
asked for help in unsubscription from l10n-help. I got an automated
answer, so I went on and asked for help again, but this time from
l10n-owner. Approximately two weeks gone. No answer. No anything. This
is the official way.

Regards to all,
csaba