Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by arthur thompson <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/06 17:05:58 UTC

level 2 tabs are all the same?

good day,

searching through forrest i came across this problem.

when i create level 2 tabs, all the tabs in level 2
are
the same no matter which one i click on.

i created a new seed and in the samples tab there are
2 sub tabs and they are both the same (both selected
or unselected i am not sure which) even though they
link to different pages.

can someone guide me as to how i can get the subtabs
to be selected and unselected similar to the way the
normal tabs behave.

thank you
kroikie.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: level 2 tabs are all the same?

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> If that doesn't help try posting your tabs.xml file here

David and I spend quite some time trying to figure out why f.a.o.'s
subtabs aren't working properly.

It might actually help more if some people who got it working properly
could post their site.xml and tabs.xml here so that we can all look
at a working solution.

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: level 2 tabs are all the same?

Posted by arthur thompson <ah...@yahoo.com>.
good day all below is a summary of my tabs situation
any comments will be appriciated:

site.xml
<site label="MyProj" href=""
xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">

  <about label="About">
    <index label="Index" href="index.html"
description="Welcome to MyProj"/>
  </about>

  <samples label="Samples" href="samples/"
tab="samples">
    <index href="index.html"/>
    <sample label="Apache doc v2.0"
href="sample.html">
      <top href="#top"/>
      <section href="#section"/>
    </sample>
    <static label="Static content"
href="static.html"/>
  </samples>

</site>

tabs.xml
<tabs software="MyProj"
  title="MyProj"
  copyright="Foo"

  <tab id="" label="Home" dir=""
indexfile="index.html"/>
  <tab id="samples" label="Samples" dir="samples"
indexfile="sample.html">
    <tab id="samples-index" label="Index"
dir="samples" indexfile="index.html"/>
    <tab id="samples-sample2" label="Sample2"
dir="samples" indexfile="static.html"/>
  </tab>

</tabs>

using this configeration of site.xml and tabs.xml the
outer tabs work as they should.

when the samples tab is clicked the home tab changes
to the unselected color and the samples tab changes to
the selected color.

but the two subtabs of the samples tab are the same
color.

when the page is rendered both subtabs belong to a
class called base-selected can someone explain the
significance of this. also is there a way for me to
manually set the class of these subtabs

thank you
kroikie

__________________________________

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> arthur thompson wrote:
> >good day,
> >
> >searching through forrest i came across this problem.
> >
> >when i create level 2 tabs, all the tabs in level 2
> >are
> >the same no matter which one i click on.
> >
> >i created a new seed and in the samples tab there are
> >2 sub tabs and they are both the same (both selected
> >or unselected i am not sure which) even though they
> >link to different pages.
> >
> >can someone guide me as to how i can get the subtabs
> >to be selected and unselected similar to the way the
> >normal tabs behave.
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#tabs.xml
>
> If that doesn't help try posting your tabs.xml file here

The interaction between site and tabs is complex and
there are some bugs. See our own forrest.apache.org
- our subtabs on "Tab: Versioned Docs" don't display properly
either.

Some tips at:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html#tab-site
and i also wonder about colors in skinconf.xml

Also the dev mailing archives have lots of discussion
about this unsolved problem.

-David

Re: level 2 tabs are all the same?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
arthur thompson wrote:
> good day,
>
> searching through forrest i came across this problem.
>
> when i create level 2 tabs, all the tabs in level 2
> are
> the same no matter which one i click on.
>
> i created a new seed and in the samples tab there are
> 2 sub tabs and they are both the same (both selected
> or unselected i am not sure which) even though they
> link to different pages.
>
> can someone guide me as to how i can get the subtabs
> to be selected and unselected similar to the way the
> normal tabs behave.

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#tabs.xml

If that doesn't help try posting your tabs.xml file here

Ross