Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jabbar <aj...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 13:55:30 UTC

Compatibility between tapestry 4.1.6 and tapestry 4.0.2

Hello all,

I am currently using tapestry 4.0.2 and have found a memory leak. For
some reason org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.ObjectPoolImp is 84MB in
size, which is 67% of the heap space. It  hold hundreds of page class
instances. I've been using Apache Jmeter to simulate 14 concurrent
users, accessing different pages in the application.

Is there a way to specify how many page class instances to cache? How
compatible is tapestry 4.1.6? Can I drop the 4.1.6 binaries in place
of 4.0.2?

I know that some work was done with page class instance caching in the
4.1.x branch.

--
Thanks

 A Jabbar Azam

Re: Compatibility between tapestry 4.1.6 and tapestry 4.0.2

Posted by Jabbar <aj...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed the problem now. Incidently I am using version 4.0.1, not 4.0.2.

I modified

 java file org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.ObjectPoolImpl and changed

private Map _pool = new HashMap();

private Map _pool = new WeakHashMap();

Now when the JVM is low on memory the garbage collector will collect
the keys and the values will also be collected. Yes I know there will
be performance implications with this, but it's still fast enough.

--
Thanks

 A Jabbar Azam