Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 04:28:35 UTC

[Patch] Javadoc & style

Hi all,

Here are some javadoc and style changes to make Ivy conform (slightly)
more with the Apache style - hopefully kill off some checkstyle
warnings :)

Kev

Re: [Patch] Javadoc & style

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/24/07, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have pending changes about the buildlist.  I'm waiting my
> userID to commit them.
>
> Do you think eclipse formater will really reduce the number of errors
> reported by CheckStyle?  If yes, it might be a good idea, but I'm not
> sure it will.

Eclipse can fix a lot of code style errors, like import rules, indentation,
spaces, line length and so on. So I think it would reduce the number of
errors significantly and easily.

I just have one remarks with the eclipse formating using Sun standard
> : the default width of 80 characters is too small.  A bigger value
> should be used (120 maybe?).

I agree 80 is too small. The checkstyle rules Maarten has added set it to
100, I think it's the same as for ant (I think the rules we use for the
moment are the same as for ant). Personally I use a wide screen, so long
lines are not a big issue for me, but I understand they make lines less
readable and more difficult to debug. So maybe 100 is a good compromise.

Opinions?

Xavier

Gilles

Re: [Patch] Javadoc & style