Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Graham Ford <gr...@intersoftsolutions.co.uk> on 2009/08/08 00:49:54 UTC

IOC Problem

Hi all,

I am having a weird problem with creating a registry. I am trying to
test my DAOs, and as part of the test I do:

IOCUtilities.buildDefaultRegistry()

when I run the test it print out:

[INFO] ioc.RegistryBuilder Adding module definition for class
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule
[INFO] ioc.RegistryBuilder Adding module definition for class
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule
[INFO] ioc.RegistryBuilder Adding module definition for class
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule
[INFO] ioc.RegistryBuilder Adding module definition for class
nu.localhost.tapestry5.springsecurity.services.SecurityModule

which indicates to me it is loading all the modules I have at the moment
but the test then fails saying:

Contribution
nu.localhost.tapestry5.springsecurity.services.SecurityModule.contributeAlias(SaltSourceService,
AuthenticationProcessingFilter, Configuration) (at
SecurityModule.java:110) is for service 'Alias', which does not exist.

what is going on that is stopping the registry starting up?

Thanks,
Graham

Re: IOC Problem

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
The problem here is that you need services that are only defined
by TapestryModule (tapestry-core) therefore you always have a
dependency to the web framework.

One way to deal with this is to create a MockModule that contains
all services that usually reside within TapestryModule (tapestry-core)
and just return an EasyMock.createNiceMock(...) instance

eg.
MockModule {
        public static buildPersistentFieldManager() {
                return
EasyMock.createNiceMock(PersistentFieldManage.class);
        }
}

@SubModule(MockModule.class)
MyTestModule {
}

g,
kris

Graham Ford <gr...@intersoftsolutions.co.uk>
08.08.2009 11:40
Bitte antworten an
"Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>

An
Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: IOC Problem

Thanks for the reply, but it seems I pasted in the wrong error message.
I ran it with the AppModule commented out. When I put my AppModule back
in, I get the following error, which is the one I get consistently now:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Contribution
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributePersistentFieldManager(MappedConfiguration)

(at HibernateModule.java:116) is for service 'PersistentFieldManager',
which does not exist.

It seems to be a problem loading the HibernateModule but the logging
shows it is being added to the registry.

Sorry for the confusion!
Graham

Re: IOC Problem

Posted by Graham Ford <gr...@intersoftsolutions.co.uk>.