Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Niko Ustinov <nu...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/27 14:40:09 UTC

Re: Mapping a Complex Object

Well, not so unique design practice now, i think.
I'm trying now to implement solution based on scala & iBatis and want to use
scala's case classes for domain model. But common way to initialize such
objects is parametrizing through constructor.
so, i have (for example) such definitions:

trait BaseDTO
case class Item (id: Int, Name: String, Caption: String) extends BaseDTO
case class Order (id: Int, Name: String, Caption: String, Items:
Option[Array[Field]]) extends BaseDTO

so because class members (by default) are val's here (and immutable), i need
to pass array of constructed items to Order's constructor.

Do you have any suggestion how i can do it with iBatis?

Thanks. Nikolay