Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexander Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/14 12:44:25 UTC

ClusterGroup fallback

Hi Igniters!

I want to discuss if it possible to implement ClusterGroup fallback, i.e.
create
a chained cluster group ClusterGroup1->ClusterGroup2 that will refer to
nodes
satisfying conditions for ClusterGroup1 while there are such nodes and
if no such nodes become available then the nodes satisfying ClusterGroup2
conditions
will come into play.

As an example, consider a case when service per node should be deployed on
server nodes
located on a specific host. If all the server nodes on the host go down,
then all the remaining server nodes should be used for service deployment.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards,
Alex.

Re: ClusterGroup fallback

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Also disagree, silent fallback is no good.

If we really need this, we can introduce some way to specify "preferred
locations" for service deployment, based on weights for example. But that's
a whole new feature and needs to be discussed in more detail.

-Val

Re: ClusterGroup fallback

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
-1 from my side.