Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dominique De Vito <do...@thalesgroup.com> on 2010/09/18 18:25:54 UTC

about creating a TextMessage through an byte stream

  Hi,

I have the following use case.
(a) I start with objects
(b) these objects are transformed into XML through JAXB, and it produces
a byte stream
(c) this byte stream is converted into a String through calling
toString() on the stream
(d) this String is given to ActiveMQ for creating a TextMessage
and
(e) I think ActiveMQ internal classes are converting the String instance
into bytes for send purposes.

So, the all transformation process is: byte stream=>String=>byte stream

The String step/transformation is counter-productive.
I would expect instead a way to "link" more directly JAXB output to the
TextMessage JMS input !
Well, on that point, I feel the JMS spefication as quite ackward.

Is there a way for ActiveMQ to link JAXB output to the TextMessage JMS
input ?
That is, using ActiveMQ, is there a way to create a TextMessage while
giving a byte stream to ActiveMQ ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Dominique