Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Fred Duarte <fd...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/28 05:37:36 UTC

Slow download artifacts from apache archiva using apache maven

Hi

I have been getting some issues with the speed of download of the
artifacts, the problem happen when I tried to get an artifact using maven
the speed of download is less than an one kb but when I try to download the
artifact using the browser it is more greater than the maven tool.

I do not know, what is the problem with it or what happen with the
currently setting, maybe I have to check an special file or setting an
advance setting on the file please could you help me in order to improve
the speed of download.

Thanks
Fred Duarte

Re: Slow download artifacts from apache archiva using apache maven

Posted by Fred Duarte <fd...@gmail.com>.
In seconds

curl measure:
http://10.10.1.10:8080/archiva/repository/lima/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/3.1/commons-httpclient-3.1.pom
 Time_Connect Time_startTransfer Time_total
0.134 11.571 11.704
curlto measure:
http://10.10.1.10:8080/archiva/repository/external/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/3.1/commons-httpclient-3.1.pom
 Time_Connect Time_startTransfer Time_total
0.133 13.798 13.931

Now, we do not have a huge load, maybe only have 30 developers at the same
time using archiva as a repository but before we had had a archiva the same
version with it 1.3.5 and it is more faster then the currently and when we
use browser it is more faster too.

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

 The speed and download rate given by maven is not pure download it depends
of time to resolve among repository list:
     If one repository is dead it can slowdown overall dl time and rate.
(If the issue suddenly appears )

  I'm not really efficient in archiva 1.3.5

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Slow download artifacts from apache archiva using apache maven

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
what is the speed with curl ?
curl http://10.10.1.10:8080/archiva/repository/lima/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/3.1/commons-httpclient-3.1.pom

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Slow download artifacts from apache archiva using apache maven

Posted by Fred Duarte <fd...@gmail.com>.

Downloaded: http://10.10.1.10:8080/archiva/repository/lima/commons-httpclient/commons-httpclient/3.1/commons-httpclient-3.1.pom

Posted by Deng Ching-Mallete <od...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fred,