Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2009/09/22 14:02:04 UTC

[POLL] Promoting compress and props Antlibs out of Sandbox?

Hi all,

in the meantime I realized that the props Antlib can do all the things
that I intended to do for the String => Resource mapping and also
provides an implementation of what I re-invented with ${ant.refid:} so
I'd love to see it come out of the sandbox and see it released
with/shortly after Ant 1.8.0.

The compress Antlib is mostly done and could be released together with
Ant 1.8.0 as well.

In order to get released they will need three PMC +1s just like they do
in order to leave the sandbox in the first place.  Are we going to find
three people who can find time to review releases and maybe - but just
maybe - contribute as well?

Stefan

Re: [POLL] Promoting compress and props Antlibs out of Sandbox?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-09-22, Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Obviously I'd +1 a release of props as it was my baby and I always
> hoped it could be released with 1.8.0.

Somehow the PropertyHelper changes as far reaching as they are have
slipped under my radar until I revisited them because I wanted to
document them properly for the release.  Not sure whether more noise
would have helped.

> I haven't followed the compress antlib, or commons component, really,
> having felt like I lacked expertise in the subject area,

There isn't much to know 8-)

> but I could possibly be guilt-tripped into putting in a little time to
> get up to speed, in quid pro quo RE props.  :)

Sounds like a deal.

I've added the props Antlib to Gump for starters.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.

> in the meantime I realized that the props Antlib can do all
> the things
> that I intended to do for the String => Resource mapping
> and also
> provides an implementation of what I re-invented with
> ${ant.refid:} so
> I'd love to see it come out of the sandbox and see it
> released
> with/shortly after Ant 1.8.0.

Obviously I'd +1 a release of props as it was my baby and I always hoped it could be released with 1.8.0.  Even better would be if anybody else could get involved because I'm sure there are other propertyhelper delegates I haven't thought of that could be useful (or, maybe not).

> The compress Antlib is mostly done and could be released
> together with
> Ant 1.8.0 as well.
>
> In order to get released they will need three PMC +1s just
> like they do
> in order to leave the sandbox in the first place.  Are
> we going to find
> three people who can find time to review releases and maybe
> - but just
> maybe - contribute as well?

I haven't followed the compress antlib, or commons component, really, having felt like I lacked expertise in the subject area, but I could possibly be guilt-tripped into putting in a little time to get up to speed, in quid pro quo RE props.  :)

-Matt