Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa" <av...@cdc.gov> on 2002/05/24 16:30:16 UTC

unit testing?

I'm tryinng to write a patch for several bugs listed in Bugzilla.
Was wondering about Junit tests...since I only saw 5 TestCases,
it would seem that testing via junit + ant is not really part of the tomcat4
development process.

Also, in catalina/build.xml, all the test cases are enumerated, instead
of pattern matching on "*TestCase.java".  This means lots of overhead
to add a new test (i.e. update the build.xml file every time a new test is
added.  (I can make a patch for this too, if anyone would like).

So the question is, should I bother to submit junit test cases?

Thanks,
Gidado