Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anton Andreev <an...@yahoo.ca> on 2004/12/23 16:24:09 UTC

Load Testing / Profiling

Hello everyone,

Our website based on cocoon grew quite big.  And I've
noticed that it slows down quite a bit over the time
of usage.  So I would like to know what what would be
the best way to find possible leaks in cocoon.  How to
load test it properly and profile it.  Any suggestions
would be very appressiated.

Configuration:  Linux, Cocoon 2.15, Tomcat 5.0.19

Thank you,

Anton

Re: Load Testing / Profiling

Posted by Grzegorz Tańczyk <go...@polzone.pl>.
Hello Anton,

htdig tool is good thing to generate some serious traffic.

--
Best regards,
 Grzegorz                            mailto:goliatus@polzone.pl

Re: Load Testing / Profiling

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 23 déc. 04, à 16:24, Anton Andreev a écrit :

> ...So I would like to know what what would be
> the best way to find possible leaks in cocoon...

I'd create a lot of requests, for example with ab [1], to try and find
which ones cause an increase in memory usage.

Not only "normal" user requests, but also requests to
intermediate/internal pipelines (on a test system with less
restrictions than usual maybe).

And a *lot* of requests, working on one URL at a time until you find
one which shows the same symptoms. Stress the beast until it cries ;-)

Hope this helps,
-Bertrand

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/ab.html