Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Steve Kelem <st...@elementcxi.com> on 2005/02/03 22:39:21 UTC

svn on apache on Cygwin?

Does anyone have a pointer on how to build apache on Cygwin so that it
supports svn?

Thanks for your help,
Steve Kelem

Re: svn on apache on Cygwin?

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Steve Kelem wrote:
> Does anyone have a pointer on how to build apache on Cygwin so that it
> supports svn?

When responding, please do not respond to dev@apr_apache_org.
This thread does not belong there, since it is neither about development,
not about apr.

Having got that out of the way...
The first issue is that you need apache *2*, whilst cygwin currently has
packaged apache *1*.

Now, building apache 2 *is* possible, (I know, I've done it), but wasn't
easy, or neat.

I think the real question is: Why not save yourself some effort, and use
either a Linux box, or svnserve?

Max.