Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Cimoni Enwis Ogwujiakwu <og...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/05 22:36:16 UTC

Spamassassin,clamAV and Clamsmtp

Hello All,
I trying to set up an anti-spam and anti-virus proxy solution with spamassassin, clamav and clamsmtp. I have currently setup postifix,spamassassin,clamav, and clamsmtp and everything is working fine but I do not want the postfix in the setup anymore because I want to run the system as a proxy for port 25/587 traffic at my gateway. clamav and clamsmtp are both working excellentl as anti-virus proxy but i do not know how to include spamassassin in this setup.
Please I need assistance your assistance.

Simon

Re: Spamassassin,clamAV and Clamsmtp

Posted by "Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet)" <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 3/5/2011 3:36 PM, Cimoni Enwis Ogwujiakwu wrote:
> Hello All,
> I trying to set up an anti-spam and anti-virus proxy solution with
> spamassassin, clamav and clamsmtp. I have currently setup
> postifix,spamassassin,clamav, and clamsmtp and everything is working
> fine but I do not want the postfix in the setup anymore because I want
> to run the system as a proxy for port 25/587 traffic at my gateway.
> clamav and clamsmtp are both working excellentl as anti-virus proxy
> but i do not know how to include spamassassin in this setup.
> Please I need assistance your assistance.

Many have great success with Postfix -> Amavisd (with clamav and
spassassin).
I have run this in some form or another for about 8 years or so. It may
not be exactly what you want though. I'm not sure if that would meet
your requirements for a proxy. You can have postfix pass the mail to
your next filter before it accepts it in queue.
http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html
I have never actually done this setup, but it has been on by to do list.

Posted by Robert Schetterer <ro...@schetterer.org>.
Am 05.03.2011 22:36, schrieb Cimoni Enwis Ogwujiakwu:
> Hello All,
> I trying to set up an anti-spam and anti-virus proxy solution with
> spamassassin, clamav and clamsmtp. I have currently setup
> postifix,spamassassin,clamav, and clamsmtp and everything is working
> fine but I do not want the postfix in the setup anymore because I want
> to run the system as a proxy for port 25/587 traffic at my gateway.
> clamav and clamsmtp are both working excellentl as anti-virus proxy but
> i do not know how to include spamassassin in this setup.
> Please I need assistance your assistance.
>
> Simon

you might use spampd ( standalone ) or i.e chain it with clamsmtp
( did this for years ) , or better use clamav-milter,spamass-milter
try amavis...
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer