Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/26 12:21:29 UTC

Fixing linter warnings in Arrow Java?

hi folks,

In light of ARROW-2608, we've begun building the Java libraries before
running the C++ and Python unit tests.

Unfortunately, the Java libraries have a little over 6000 lines of
output, which is 2/3 of the size allowed by the Travis CI web UI
(example: https://travis-ci.org/apache/arrow/jobs/396723381. You can
download the raw log, of course). A large fraction of this output is
checkstyle warnings. There is also a lot of test verbosity, some of
which may or may not be helpful in a CI setting.

Can someone volunteer to fix the checkstyle warnings and add an
appropriate check to Travis CI to keep them clean? The relevant JIRA
for that is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1688. I think
there may be another JIRA about fixing the warnings

Thanks,
Wes

Re: Fixing linter warnings in Arrow Java?

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi all,

The uncleanliness of the Java build is causing us some hardship in our
Travis CI logs (because we test JNI interop in the C++/Python builds,
too). Can anyone take a look?

See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-2815

Thanks