Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Marc Durand <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/20 18:02:52 UTC

Karaf Custom Distribution and the deploy folder

I have a Karaf custom distribution and I am unable to figure out how to add
files into the "deploy" folder which is possible according to:
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html

I have tried to add my bundles as dependancies in the pom.xml but there was
no effect.  How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

Re: Karaf Custom Distribution and the deploy folder

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Marc,

features can't be upgraded till version 4 of Karaf, as you don't upgrade a
feature but the bundle-set with a feature. So actually this is half true.
Another possibility though, is to combine a Karaf instance (including the
OBR feature) and an OBR server, cave for example. With this scenario you
just install your initial set of bundles through a feature set and do an
update on bundle level through the OBR, this will make sure the bundles are
properly
resolved.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: Karaf Custom Distribution and the deploy folder

Posted by Marc Durand <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Marc Durand <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf Custom Distribution and the deploy folder

Posted by Marc Durand <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Marc Durand <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Marc,

Not sure to follow you: did you drop jar file in the deploy folder ?
Or do you want to create a custom distribution including some file in
the deploy folder ?

Regards
JB

On 07/20/2015 06:02 PM, Marc Durand wrote:
> I have a Karaf custom distribution and I am unable to figure out how to add
> files into the "deploy" folder which is possible according to:
> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html
>
> I have tried to add my bundles as dependancies in the pom.xml but there was
> no effect.  How would I go about doing this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org