Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dawn Zoë Raison <da...@digitorial.co.uk> on 2012/04/20 13:58:30 UTC

Highlighter and Shingles...

Hi,

Are there any notes on making the highlighter work consistently with a
shingle generated index?
I have a situation where complete matches highlight OK, but partial
matches do not - leading to a number of blank previews...

Our analyser look like:

         TokenStream result =
                 new StopFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
                     new ShingleFilter(
                         new StopFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
                                 new LowerCaseFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
                                     new StandardFilter(Version.LUCENE_36,
                                         new
StandardTokenizer(Version.LUCENE_36, reader)
                                             )
                                         ),
                             STOP_CHARS_SET)
                             ),
                         STOP_WORDS_SET);

--

Rgds.
*Dawn Raison*

Re: Highlighter and Shingles...

Posted by Dawn Zoë Raison <da...@digitorial.co.uk>.
Steve,

Exactly the right question...

Prompted by your question, further investigation reveals that I need to
move the "access" part of my lucene query into a filter to prevent
non-matching documents getting scored.
In that situation of course the highlighter finds nothing to highlight -
that's what it's supposed to do.

Thanks,
Dawn

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.