Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthias Müller <py...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/27 13:20:18 UTC

[M2] Repository Manager

Hi there,

i'm quite new to maven. i want to setup a shared internal remote repository on a network drive. the users use there own local repository (~/.m2/repository) as a cache and for their unreleased projects. if the project need an artifact that is not in the internal remote repository, that artifacts need to be downloaded from central to that internal remote repository and then copied to the local one.
what's the easiest way to accomplish that?
is that the purpose of request managers like Nexus?
what request managers do you recommend?

regards, matthias

RE: [M2] Repository Manager

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Yes, a shared repository is needed in a team and a proxy can also help speed things up. This is exactly the purpose of the repo managers. You can find more information at:
http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html

RE: [M2] Repository Manager

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

i installed the nexus repository manager and although it's way more than i need, it works for my needs.
thanks, matthias

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 Matthias Müller wrote:
> i'm quite new to maven. i want to setup a shared internal remote
> repository on a network drive. the users use there own local repository
> (~/.m2/repository) as a cache and for their unreleased projects. if the
> project need an artifact that is not in the internal remote repository,
> that artifacts need to be downloaded from central to that internal remote
> repository and then copied to the local one. what's the easiest way to
> accomplish that?
> is that the purpose of request managers like Nexus?
> what request managers do you recommend?

Usually these software packages are refered to as "repository managers"
rather than request managers. However, Nexus, Archiva or Artifactory are
such repository managers. A list is available on maven's homepage [0] or at
codehaus.org [1].

You will also find some posts if you search this list's archive with nabble [2]

hth,
- martin

[0] http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html
[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven%2BRepository%2BManager%2BFeature%2BMatrix
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Maven---Users-f178.html

RE: Automatically Synchronizing with Central Repo

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Where's the request? It's usually not too bad. The
repository-maintainers@apache.org list is where you need to get the
attention.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

RE: [M2] Repository Manager

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Over time, you'll probably grow into the features you don't yet know you need ;-)

I'd be curious to know what makes you say that it's "way more than you
need". Though you're using nexus, I guess your opinion might benefit to
usability concerns for all repo managers. Too complex to setup? Other?

Cheers.

2009/1/27 Matthias Müller <py...@yahoo.de>

> Hi Martin,
>
> i installed the nexus repository manager and although it's way more than i
> need, it works for my needs.
> thanks, matthias

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !