Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Bull.Net> on 2003/09/05 14:17:47 UTC

Is post configuration of generated Service allowed in Axis ?

Hi All

May be the last time I post, I wasn't very clear for my problem :)

I just want to know few things :
1. If I generate a Service from WSDL, is it possible to reconfigure it
via a client-config.wsdd ?
2. JaxRpc Handlers cannot be guess from the WSDL, it's a user task to
add it to the Service ?
3. Because we want to follow the JSR109 spec., that define clearly how
to access and use a Service get from a lookup :

# JSR109
AddressBookService abf = (AddressBookService)
ic.lookup("java:comp/env/service/AddressBookService");
abf.<someMethod>();
# JSR109

We cannot force te user to programmatically add his JaxRpc Handlers !
That Why we use client-config.wsdd ! Before We bind the instance in
JNDI, we configure it WIth a new AxisEngine (using or
client-config.wsdd) and then we bind it in the JNDI.
Now, the client part : (the one performing a lookup, and so using
ServiceFactory)
When you look at the ServiceFactory (needed for JNDI support) you see
that a Generated Service is not configured after instanciation :

#ServiceFactory
            // If an explicit service classname is provided, then this
is a
            // generated Service class.  Just use its default
constructor.
            if (addr != null && (obj = addr.getContent()) instanceof
String) {
                instance = ClassUtils.forName((String)
obj).newInstance();
            }
#ServiceFactory
So a user that perform a lookup will retrieve a Service Class with no
JaxRpc Handler Configuration !
How to do this ?
Somone has ever tried something like this ?

Best Regards

Guillaume