Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Teresa Fontanella De Santis <tf...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/07 14:07:01 UTC

Bi weekly DAG execution

Hi everyone!

We have a DAG which sends email bi-weekly and we are trying to run it with
the AIrflow scheduler. The point is we want to run it bi-weekly only on
Wednesdays (1st and the 3rd Wednesday of each month)
We've tried many things:
1) A crontab statement (we couldn't find anyone that works properly)
2) The use of intervals on scheduler_interval (ie: timedelta(days=14) but
the difference between the time email is sent and execution_date has 14
days of difference.
3) Also, we have thought about using BranchPythonOperator, (so we can
filter by the DAG's execution_date which wednesday should send the email o
when shouldn't), but it seems this operator doesn't accept passing context.

Would be another option implemented in Airflow to accomplish this? (or we
should extend BranchPythonOperator for example? Or anything else?)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Teresa