Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mahfudh Junaryanto <ma...@asia1.com> on 2001/04/18 11:03:14 UTC

Re: Re: Peer Error:  Connection object is null!

> Anybody could tell me how to resolve "Connection object is null!"
> It happened when i called doSelect(new Criteria()) from my peer.

The PoolBrokerService doesn't appear to be retrieving a valid
Connection object.  What does the database configuration in your
TurbineResources.properties look like?

Nothing uncommon ... Does Turbine User Manager use the same
PoolBrokerService? But how come Turbine User Manager was okay, and my
peer got problem?

here the props file :
database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/framework
database.default.username=sa
database.default.password=sa

database.default.maxConnections=10
database.default.expiryTime=3600000

database.connectionWaitTimeout=10000

database.logInterval=0

database.adaptor=DBMM
database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

database.idbroker.cleverquantity=true

Re: Peer Error:  Connection object is null!

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Mahfudh Junaryanto" <ma...@asia1.com> writes:

> > Anybody could tell me how to resolve "Connection object is null!"
> > It happened when i called doSelect(new Criteria()) from my peer.
> [me]
> The PoolBrokerService doesn't appear to be retrieving a valid
> Connection object.  What does the database configuration in your
> TurbineResources.properties look like?
>
> [Mahfudh]
> Nothing uncommon ... Does Turbine User Manager use the same
> PoolBrokerService? But how come Turbine User Manager was okay, and my
> peer got problem?

The Turbine user manager definitely uses the same PoolBrokerService as
the rest of Turbine, and probably the same pool as well (that which is
associated with the default database).

> here the props file :
> database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
> database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/framework
> database.default.username=sa
> database.default.password=sa
>
> database.default.maxConnections=10
> database.default.expiryTime=3600000
>
> database.connectionWaitTimeout=10000
>
> database.logInterval=0
>
> database.adaptor=DBMM
> database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
>
> database.idbroker.cleverquantity=true

Looks okay...might be time to break out the mighty println.