Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/08 19:11:52 UTC

Re: iBatis.NET, Spring.NET - Log4NET DLL Woes

To get the binding redirect to work for me, I had to include a hard
reference to log4net version 1.2.0.9 in the project, that I didn't
have before. But, once I did that, it fell into place.

So, now I get to playtest iBATIS.Net against log4net 1.2.0.9, without
recompiling. :)

-T.

Re: Support for mapping of public fields.

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
It's not planned in the near futur.
And as this addition is subject to discussion (not best practice), it's not
sure we support it.
 -Gilles

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
As a rule, the best way to get a feature implemented in an open source
project is to try writing the patch yourself. Others can then try the
patch before deciding.

When I first started using iBATIS.Net, I tried populating public
fields myself. Given the way properties are implemented in C#, it does
seem like a likely feature, since you can switch from a  field to a
property without making other changes in your code. If a line reads

Something = "Test";

Something could be a field or it could be a property. The caller
neither knows nor cares, and the definer can change Something from one
form to other without breaking the API.

Of course, sight unseen, there's no guarantee that the patch would be
applied to the main distribution, but it would be there for yourself
and others to use.

-- HTH, Ted.
http://www.husted.com/poe/

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
I think, you could.
CastleDP X.X has no dependency and has never had dependency to log4net.
 -Gilles

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
Gilles,

Do you think I should also try running with a binding redirect from
CastleDP 1.1 to CastleDP 1.5 with iBATIS.NET 1.2.1?