Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Mauricio Andres Vargas Sepulveda <ma...@uc.cl.INVALID> on 2023/04/18 13:14:10 UTC

updating arrow binaries for Linux on CRAN

Hi

I just realized that when we run install.packages("arrow") there is a message:

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
       binary   source
arrow 9.0.0.2 11.0.0.3

Does it make sense to update the binary?

Best,

———

Mauricio Vargas Sepulveda

Master's Representative

UofT Political Science

Re: updating arrow binaries for Linux on CRAN

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
Or, possibly you're on an older version of R, and CRAN no longer builds
binary packages for your version.

Regardless, CRAN doesn't host binary packages for Linux, and we have no
control over what binaries/versions they do host, so unfortunately there's
nothing the Arrow community can do about what you're seeing.

Neal

Posted by Jacob Wujciak <ja...@voltrondata.com.INVALID>.
Hi,