Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@topicus.nl> on 2003/05/30 16:35:22 UTC

source jars

Hi,

This is kind of a re-post.

Are you considering including the building and deployment of source jars in the whole proces? I am thinking about a mechanism that helps you create source jars and that is integrated throughout maven (like when getting the dependencies, Maven looks not only for the 'normal' dependencies, but also tries to get the corresponding source jars).

It's not too hard to build this myself but I would be branching on some of the key components of Maven and I am not sure about your plans for Maven new. I also think that it would be welcomed by a lot of Maven users.

Eelco